Saturday, November 14, 2009

broken teacup

Noooooooooo! I broke my teacup! My nice, so simple its cool teacup! This is a catastrophe!!! Sigh....

Ok so its just a teacup. But I hate it when I break something that makes me happy. I love tea and drinking tea from that teacup makes me happy. Some of you might know it. Its the clear glass mug from muji. It slipped from my soapy hands while I was doing the dishes and in slo mo I watched it fall from my hands to the bottom of the sink. It wasn't even a great height but it was enough. With a sickening clang I saw crack lines appear all over the side of the mug. My shrill scream might've caused a few more cracks but it was a goner anyway.

Sickening. Why did they make the glass so brittle anyway? It must be a ploy to get us, gullible consumers, to keep going back to buy more. This is the second one I've owned that's broken by the way. The first one was broken by my housekeeper. You know what I think? They should make 'em with bullet proof glass. Yes! The kind that is used for the car windows on the vehicles of various leaders around the world. Now that would be a good cup.

I could enjoy my tea right in the middle of a gun battle and not worry that my cup would shatter! badabada bang! KA-PWING! KA-PWING! *sips tea* HA! Eat that osama!

Of course, why anyone would choose to sit in the middle of a gun fight sipping tea is beyond me. But thats besides the point. I am vexed at the loss of my teacup. Now I've gotta wait to return to Singapore before I can make my way to Muji to buy another. Maybe I should bubble wrap my next one before I use it. Brilliant.

2 comments:

CL said...

see that's why you should wear gloves, with all the friction, you won't drop any more glasses! we'll get you one soon ok? but bullet proof glass does sound brilliant! ;) lol.

Sharon Chew's blog said...

Get another one and don't ever wash it, then you won't have a chance of it slipping out of your hands.