Saturday, March 24, 2007

Rain therapy

Its pouring again. U2's electrical storm is playing in the background, how apt. I've always loved the rain. Especially when I'm indoors at night. The sound of the raindrops pelting the windows is really therapeutic. Now with my new room, its even better coz a portion of the ceiling actually forms the roof so I can hear the rain hitting the roof. Pitter patter.

Its nice because I feel so protected. Dry and comfortable even when the sky is pouring and the trees are losing their leaves from the angry winds. At the same time, I feel like there's some kind of purification ritual going on. The rain pouring down, clearing our skies of the haze, washing away the dirt and the grime, cleaning the impurities of the world. And you know what? The world becomes more beautiful, even for only that short moment. The air is fresh and everything is clear.

I loved jumping in puddles as a kid, dancing and playing in the rain. I wonder why I don't do that anymore? Maybe coz people will look at me weird and think that its bizarre for a grown up guy to be enjoying himself drenched in the rain. Sometimes when I'm doing stuff like running, wakeboarding or anything in the open, I secretly enjoy it when its rains. Sure I love the sun but the rain is fine with me.

Ok, enough rattling on. I'm gonna slide under the covers and enjoy the rain's lullaby while it lasts. G'night!

No comments: