Thursday, March 19, 2009

somebody call 911!

I watch a lot of TV serials. Every week, my life revolves around a few episodes of TV shows that I download off the internet. Its one of the few things that help me move time along as I count the days before I get my next station. I also seem to be particularly drawn to medical dramas. I really enjoy watching grey's anatomy, house and private practice. But there's something that I've noticed from watching these shows that really bugs me. Why in the world does someone always rush and bend over the person who's collapsed or injured and then yell "Somebody call 911!"

Do it yourself you dim wit. The 3 seconds that you wasted yelling that out might be the crucial 3 seconds the patient needs to stay alive. The next 3 minutes of confusion from the people registering that urgent cry and wondering who should be calling is enough to seal the fate of the poor person sprawled on the ground. Duh.

Ok, I'm just bored and grumpy that I've watched my week's supply of shows and need to wait for the next batch to download. Somebody save me!

No comments: