Wednesday, February 01, 2006

morning call

I've been getting a regular visitor lately. Its a mynah. This chirpy little bird will land itself on my window sill and chirp at the top of its lungs every morning. Its as if its trying to wake me up from my slumber and telling me to get my butt off the bed and go do something productive. After a while, it gets to me and I will jump out of bed. Sometimes, I think its telling me something. and when I Listen carefully, I can almost make out a pattern.



(wake up sleepy head, the sun is out to play
you don't have much time left, you're wasting most of the day
in no time you'll be flying to Australia, the land of cows and hay
and you'll miss singapore so much,
you'd wish you spent your time in a better way)

And at this point I usually go into a panic attack coz I've imagined a bird chirping a rhyme to me. but more so than that, I get worried coz its true. I am leaving Singapore in less than a week and honestly, I am dreading it. There's so many things I've grown attached to here, so many things I don't want to leave behind. And yes, by sleeping my time away here, I'm not making good use of it. argh.

1 comment:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

gee...I wish a bird would wake me up from my sleep!
enjoy Singapore while u can. :)

shar