Monday, June 19, 2006

Post-wakeboarding

Sunday came and went, and what a Sunday it was! I finally got to wakeboard and the weather was awesome! The company was great too. A fun bunch from my cell group made it possible. However, the day wasn't without drawbacks. You see, the many times I've been wakeboarding at Punggol Marina, I always walk by a PINK coloured boat and I'll chuckle to myself. This particular boat looked like it was designed by Mattel for their most famous export, Barbie. It had pink trimmings and a pink canopy and pink sides and pink seats and probably a pink motor if you peeked under the hood. I'd always think to myself, "Gosh, thats a gay one. I'll never be caught in that."

So there I was, lugging my wakeboard and chugging along when I asked the driver which boat we were taking out. You can imagine my horror when he stopped in his tracks next to the pink boat and said, "this one."


Of course, Adrian had failed to mention that he had randomly booked the boats and he'd been assigned a boat called the Pinky X5. PINKY X5!! It even had a GAY name!! We were riding the PINK GAY BOAT!!! You can see that I wasn't too pleased. Thats the last time I'll let Adrian book the boats. Oh well.

So we were off. Split into 2 groups, I had Adrian, Rina and Ruth in *ahem* the pinky x5. But it was a blast! We had a great time laughing at each other and snapping pictures. It was great seeing them learn how to wakeboard. There was a lot of yelling going on too, mostly me screaming at them to squat like an ah beng. The other boat of Anne, Diana, Alan and Jason (was his name Jason? I cannot remember) whizzed by us a few times too. They seemed to be doing well and we even managed to catch a few shots of them.


At the end of the day, everyone had a great time and sun kissed skin. Then it was off to Jalan Kayu for Briani, mee goreng and prata. Can't wait till the next time we go riding again! Later!

No comments: