Sunday, September 04, 2005

Adrenaline numbs the butt pain

Hey Y'all!

Everyone had a great weekend? I know I did. And so did Eunice, Howard, Rebecca, Rebecca's Dad and Vicki! Yes! Vicki! What are the odds of bumping into a friend from Singapore up in the Australian alps? But it happened, and unfortunately I do not have any photographic proof to show. How could I forget to take a picture???!?

Anyhow, we had a blast over the weekend up in falls creek. The snow was good and the runs were awesome. We found so many ramps, bumps and jumps, and we had to try them all and everyone had their fair share of crashes and airs. Cruising around the runs and speeding down slopes, it dawned on me that this could very well be our last outing to the snows this season. I hear from uncle Choo Haw (reb's dad) that you can ski all year round in Switzerland!!! I wonder if they're short of engineers there.

This time round was great coz we were all speeding down blue and black runs at around the same skill level. No waiting around and we could experiment and try new things together. The jumps were amazing, and hilarious. You have no idea how painful my butt is now. For some reason, fear makes my butt a magnet to the ground and when all 80 kilos of me, plus my board come crashing to the ground when a jump goes wrong, I slam into the ground butt first. I walk around like an old man now.

Its great to see the girls doing jumps too. Eunice always gets air, shifts her legs in some funny position (one higher than the other) and then crashes in the most fashionable way. Rebecca just emits a funny "rusty spring hinge" sound and then pops up. And who could forget Howard's bowling ball man fall? Haha, he has the knack of performing the most hilarious falls in front of me.



What a great season. I'll miss the snow. Till we meet again!!

No comments: