Thursday, August 04, 2005

Temperature: -1 degree celsius

Greetings and salutations! Been missing for a while but worry not, I'm back! I'm back refreshed and re-energised from all the fun I had up at falls creek over the weekend. In fact, I had so much fun that I went to Mt Buller for a day trip immediately after I returned from Falls! Hardcore!

The weekend went by so fast though. I remember waiting 3 whole months for this trip to Falls Creek. I remember paying Randy for the trip and psyching William up over learning how to ski. I remember telling Sharon and Davina how excited I was about the trip and how much I was looking forward to it. Swoooosh, at the blink of an eye, its over. Buts its all good. It was a great experience, tonnes of fun and totally unforgetable. Made some new friends in the process too!

First off, I picked Ronny, Esther and Kelvin up from the airport, met Eunice, hung around, met Sharon and Anna, played Conga at my place, met Davina. There! my group of 8 was assembled. So after every one got acquainted, we made our way to Monash Clayton Campus where the bus would pick everyone up to go to Falls Creek. Here's a picture of everyone in full snow gear.

Everyone was skiing except Kelvin, Davina and I. Well, I was supposed to ski too but its a long story which I'll dwell into another time. Anyhow, I taught Kelvin and Dav how to board and MAN! I was impressed at how fast they were learning! Kudos especially to Kelvin who had the guts to attempt the intermediate blue runs with us. As a firm believer that green runs are crap and will not help boarders learn at all, I was constantly hounding people to hit the blue runs. I'm sure thats the reason Kelvin picked it up so quickly. He even did the black runs with us when we went up to Buller! Now, not forgetting Esther and Ronny. The couple deserve some respect too, its only their second time out on skis and we're flying down the black runs together. Wicked!

Here's another couple I met on the trip whom I helped out. I gave them some tips on the first day on the basics of boarding and then we met them on the blue runs on the last day! Haha, I was so proud of myself. I really love the sport. And I'm glad I invested on my own gear. The feeling you get when you're gliding down the mountain is amazing. The rushing wind, the sound of the snow spray, the rush you get when you pop a jump, its indescribable. I love it I love it I love it!!!! God is really a happening fella man. His creations are way cool and totally fun. And who can miss the amazing scenery? I'll end here with some pictures. Later!

No comments: