Wednesday, January 18, 2006

maunderings of a recovering fluer

So there I was, sniffling and wheezing my nose off, watching re-runs of some old episode of the Gilmore girls. Did you know that channel 5 plays re-runs in the afternoons nowadays? Sure beats the crap out of watching that dumb "days of our lives" which never made any sense to me. The actors in that show always talked like they were living in some high altitude housing establishment where the air was so thin they had to take a deep breath before every word. *HEAVE, "Penelope, " *INHALE, "I Love...." *INHALE "butter cookies". Bizarre.

So as I was saying, I was wallowing in fluish misery and watching the gilmore girls when suddenly, it hit me. A sheer stroke of brilliance. Yes, the folded cardboard box from the new brillance TV set came crashing down on me and squashed me before i could even release one of my manly high pitch shrieks. The steamy cup of jasmine green tea in my hands that was supposed to bring me comfort only provided agony as it spilled onto my chest and trickled down to my urmmmm, lets just say, non-green-tea appreciating area.

At this point I heard laughter. Laughter that was distinctively female. The gilmore girls were laughing on TV, and very heartily as well. I didn't know what they were laughing at but it sure felt like it was me. The poor guy who was suffering from the flu, got crushed by folded cardboard boxes and spilled fragrant green tea on his own nuts, in his own room, a supposedly safe-haven from the evils of the world.

I then decided to take the dog out for a walk. Some fresh air would do me good.

2 comments:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

I dun believe it! You can even make a comedy out of a mundane accident?! "Sheer stroke of brilliance" indeed.

shar

GraCie said...

lol. yeah. Firstly, I dun understand Days of my Life too. They talk slow and are always looking at each other with puppy eyes. :D Secondly... ouch!...being hit by the cardboard and having hot tea spilled onto you. Ayiah... take care man. :P