Sunday, July 03, 2005

LOST



Anyone followed the series "LOST"? How good is that show?? Ok, so some people don't really like it but I reckon its an awesome show! And not just for entertainment value. It tugs at a spot deep within me, a spot that has been dying to come out and run free. Anyone read the book wild at heart by John Eldredge? I think that really explains how I feel pretty well.

So this group of people survive a plane crash on some island that no one knows where. They're stranded and it seems like no ones coming to rescue them. So they rough it out, try to survive. Day by day you see them struggle to make sense of the situation and live. It doesn't help that there are weird things happening on the island too. So, this may not sound appealing to many, but when I watched it, I was thinking to myself, how cool would it be to be there with them? What an adventure! I'm so sick and tired of this everyday modern urban lifestyle. Wake up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, eat a bowl of cereal, drag myself to school, try to make sense of lectures, come home, cook dinner, surf the internet...... you get the idea. Life as we know it isn't much of an adventure. How mundane. I guess we could go bush walking or camping and explore the wilderness once in a while, but then after that its back to our 'boring old life'.

I NEED AN ADVENTURE!

I need to get out and really run free. Bash out of the constraints of social norms and have a thrill. Open my eyes to see what mother earth really has to offer. Some danger would be fun, as long as I live to tell the tale. I think the term "live your life" describes what I want to do, just that many people have the wrong concept of what living your life is. Look at the bible, The lives of all the awesome people that have been documented in the holy book. They all had amazing adventurous lives! They ran through the wilderness, faced death in the eye, fought wars. They had Adventures.

ad·ven·ture P Pronunciation Key (d-vnchr)

- An undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature.
- An undertaking of a questionable nature, especially one involving intervention in another state's affairs.
- An unusual or exciting experience: an adventure in dining.
- Participation in hazardous or exciting experiences: the love of adventure.

Anyhow, who knows what God has planned for me. Hmmmm, I shouldn't be talking about plane crashes and stuff on the night before I fly to Sydney! Ack. Dear Lord, thank you for the blessings you have delivered unto me. I pray that you grant me and Eunice Journey mercy tomorrow as we fly to Sydney for a whole week of worshipping you and learning about you at Hillsong conference. Also, I want to pray for my Sister and Sharon who will be flying back to Singapore tomorrow as well. I pray that you keep them safe as they make the journey home to good ol' Singapore. Grant us all good health as we meet friends and loved ones and keep us safe in whatever we do. In Jesus' name I trust and pray, AMEN!

1 comment:

Darren said...

Alrite! ON! Tell me when man. Now where did I throw my bp jacket.......