Wednesday, July 13, 2005

TELL THE WORLD THAT.....

Greetings all! How's everyone doing?? So its been a one week absence from nonsensilism but WHAT A WEEK!! I was down in Sydney for the Hillsong conference 2005 and its my second consecutive Hillsong conference. Did you know that the Hillsong conference has been going on for 19 years now? Its gonna be their 20th anniversary for the conference next year. Its gonna be awesome I reckon.

For those who don't know, Hillsong is one of the biggest churches in Australia. They're very Charismatic. VERY. A lot of traditional or conservative churches frown upon them (my ex church being one.... ) But I tell you, they are an awesome church! You get blown away by their worship and praise. So much passion, so much praise, so much love, TOO MUCH PEOPLE. Just check out the jam packed sydney olympic park super dome.

Besides the praise and worship, you also get a whole bunch of amazing and annointed speakers. These preachers really inspire and put the power and fire of God within you. Its a difficult feeling to describe, coz you gotta be there to truely experience it. (Or I'm just too lazy to find the right words to relate right now). Reinhard Bonnke, Joyce Meyer, John Maxwell, Brian Houston and more. These people are like the super heros of the christian faith! Oh, Micheal W Smith and CeCe Winans were there too to pitch in with the musical aspect of the conference. Sweet.

I really enjoyed the conference. STRENGTH. That was this year's theme. And strengthen it did. I feel recharged and ready for the world again. I always come out feeling awesome from these conferences. Like everything in your life has been set right and there is no problem too big that you can't handle (with God by your side). The conference is really full on. Getting up at 7am every morning, attending praise and worship, sermons, workshop and clinics the whole day. Morning Rallys. Night Rallys. By the time you get home its 11pm. And I tell you, 5 days in a row of this, your body and your feet will ache. Your mind will be exhausted. But Your spirit. Gosh, your spirit is SO ALIVE!


The thing is, its unfortunate that we humans need this occasional (annual?) big knock on the head to remind us how wonderful God is and what he can do for us. Thats something I'm still working on. I won't be able to do anything on my own. Only through God will doors and paths open for us. I pray that I will remain strong in him and through him. I know God loves me. He gave me a free CD of the new hillsong album at the conference!

No comments: