Monday, November 28, 2005

Home is where the heart is?

Its been a while since I've been back to Singapore. Now that I'm done with my degree, I can head on home. Going back to Singapore is usually exciting and something I look forward to. This time round, its a little bit different though. I feel like I'm gonna return feeling lost and empty.

Life's gonna be different now. Sure, my family, friends and the great food will still be around, but its just not the same anymore. No more dates with Eunice and waking up to her messages on my phone. No more late night suppers and driving to CCK before kissing her goodnight. (no more driving to CCK!!! wooo hoooo!!!!)

What about my friends? I feel so detached though. Everyone's just in their own worlds. Jialing's ocuppied with work and wedding preperations. It still upsets me that I'm going to miss her wedding. She's been a great friend since I have no idea when. I can always depend on her for companionship and honesty, even if it pisses me off sometimes. I'm glad she's marrying Adrian, he's a top bloke. Then there's Geri, always around with words of support and encouragement. Always an attentive listener when I need someone to talk to. But she's a big girl now, chasing her dreams and careers. Sure miss the good old times of Mahjong, playstation, long drives and east coast beef soup.

Melissa's still a great friend even though she's an ex. Hi EX! She's still a bubble head though, and heaps of fun. I hear you've been losing a lot of weight. Don't need to work so hard man. Justin, You've been through a tough year too man. And yet you can still remain your usual cheerful and supportive self. You've always been a great guy to hang around and do fun stuff with. I hope the working world hasn't changed you too much. Not forgetting Zhenni. Though you always look like you're gonna kill me, I know that under it all you're a sweet and dependable friend. I hope all goes well with your job and Christopher.

Shane, are you there buddy? Though we always briefly appear in each other's life in recent years, I know you're a brudder for life man. You still crack me up with your wit and facial expressions. We gotta catch up in Singapore. JOHN! you've disappeared once again. You're a great buddy, but at the same time you're always up to something. Hope all's well with you. And finally Ashley. I don't meet up wih you as much as I'd like to. but somehow I know that you'll always be around when I need you. Come over to use my powermac whenever you need man. Just remember to give me royalties when your productions make it big.

My singapore gang rocks. Its sad that I've been on a totally different continent during these exciting tansitions and moments in life. I feel like I've missed out on a big part and even though I'm heading back soon, I don't know if I'll be able to catch up.

One thing though, I've made peace with my situation. I know it'll work out. Eunice and I will still be friends coz 11 years of friendship shouldn't just disappear like this. Things are different now, but it'll be fine.

I know there are heaps more friends that I didn't mention, and I haven't forgotten you guys. Believe me when I say that each and every one of you is treasured. You all have contributed to my life and my progress one way or another. I'm just typing this as it comes.

love you all.

2 comments:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

U read a lot better....u really do. Good for u, man. Take God's hand okei?

amanda* said...

Though this post sounds really nostalgic, its beautiful. glad you're doing better now..at least tts wats coming across. :) you're never alone dazzydarren!