Thursday, November 24, 2005

Raindrops

I'm sitting here at my computer again. At 4:09am. This insomnia thing is really starting to become a nuisance. But then again, there are so many nuisances in my life right now.

There's thunder booming outside. And the occasional lightning flash. One thing I love when I am up at night, is rain. It soothes me and gives me a nice fuzzy feeling inside. I feel safe from the world as I watch the rain run down the glass on my windows. The sound of the rain drops pelting the roof has a nice droney hummm to it that seems to penetrate deep into my soul, as if telling me that the rain has come to wash my troubles away. Its bizarre and I don't know how to explain it in words.

I think rain has a certain divine quality to it. Sure, we've been taught in school that rain is the result of evaporated water from the surface of the earth condensing when it reaches a high altitude, forming clouds before falling back down to earth as water droplets, but I say that it's showers of blessings from the man with the plan.

I'm gonna go through the storm and come out fresh and renewed. Free from the leeches of the world. Sure, you pathetic parasites can come and take important things from me. But I'll crush you like the cockroaches that you are, and discover new and better treasures in store for me.

1 comment:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

i like this post. :)