Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Letter to Life

Dear Life,

Hi, its me, Darren. I just thought that I'd drop you a note. Just to see how you are. Are you well? You know, sometimes I can't really figure out why you're so difficult to get along with. I mean, there are times when you're awesome, but then you can take a nose dive straight into the pits.

I feel that something's missing with you. Something's amiss. Are you progressing and moving on ahead? It sure feels like you're getting stagnant and there's no aim or direction in where you're heading. Thats tough man. Aren't you supposed to have big dreams and ambitions?

Why do things happen to you that make everything around stand still? Your university graduation is coming up, and so is your 26th birthday. But you don't seem excited at all. In fact, you don't really seem to care or think of it as another milestone in your existance. Sure, you thought that someone special would be there to share those moments with you, but face it, there is no special person anymore. May I remind you that the person actually made other plans, and wasn't gonna be present at your birthday or graduation in the first place? Its not worth the pain. Anyway, thats history. You really need to get a move on.

What about God? You and God should be walking next to each other. Walking down a path together, chatting. You can tell God your problems, and I'm sure he'll help you out. The hurdles along the path will be no problem with God by your side. I know that, and life, you should know that too.

Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Don't let the pain and misery get to you. You should just free the anger within you coz there's no point to it. Rather, I think you should embrace everything else thats good, coz there is still a lot of great things around you. So perk up and stay strong ok? You'll get through this, you always do. Its never easy, but its not impossible either. Look forward in anticipation to greater things to come! Take care buddy.

Love
Darren

No comments: