Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Goodbye School. Hello world!

Its done! I had my graduation ceremony yesterday afternoon and that marked the end of an era of my life. I am no longer a student. I am now a full fledged adult, fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to take on the world.

Surprisingly, I'm not as ecstatic as I thought I'd be. It wasn't too long ago when me and my uni buddies would look enviously at graduates walking around campus taking photos with loved ones during our lunch breaks. We'd always say to each other, "Man, when will it be our turn to do that?" Well, as I walked around in my graduation gown yesterday, shaking hands and congratulating familiar faces, I thought to myself, "cool, its done, I've received my degree. now what?"

- all that education and still no one knows how to look properly at the camera

At that moment I knew it was gonna happen. I was starting to look back and miss uni life. Most of the closer friends I've made in uni will be returning back to their respective countries. We had great times together. The hustle and bustle of getting to lectures on time. Lunch breaks and deciding where to eat crappy uni food. Stress from assignments and frantically working together to get work done. cramming till the wee hours of the night together before making a sandwich or cooking indo mee. sharing exam tips and assignment solutions. Laughing our asses off at anime and comedy clips. just the whole experience of going through the impossible together, knowing that somehow we'd get through it fine. That was awesome. Its been a great time working and growing with you guys.

William, Chiseng, Lionel, Woo teck, Randy, Shaun, Bee Ting and whoever else I've missed, thanks for the memories. We did it guys! Woo Hoooo! For those who have yet to graduate, you'll be done in no time! No matter where and when, we'll always be in touch ya.

later~

No comments: