Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Would I want it any other way?

Its been pouring the whole day today. The rain trickling down the glass windows helps me think.

Its been a pretty miserable time for me lately. Things going wrong in my love life. My car being stuck in the garage. Feeling lonely at home with no means of getting around. More and more friends leaving Melbourne, lesser things to do. Bad sleeping habits, bad eating habits. The list goes on.....

But as I sit here listening to the rain pelting my roof, as I watch the water droplets slowly make their way down the glass window, I can't help but think, surely my life isn't all that bad. There are millions of people out there who wouldn't mind exchanging lives with me I reckon. People who live in fear of losing their lives. Those who have to worry about finding their next meal. Those who have to endure the cold as they find a decent spot to sleep along the streets.

I have a comfy bed, under a solid roof. Food everywhere. good family and friends, nice car to drive. I should be rejoicing that I have a nice house to be lonely in and a car to get frustrated over. Our minds work funny man. I really should perk up and count my blessings.

Righto, back to my steamy cup of earl grey.

1 comment:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

I was thinking, maybe u were hit by the berfdae blues. Haha....seems to me like berfdae week is the onset of either the highest form of exhilaration or the lowest form of valley-gloom. Everything is magnified and amplified. But that's just another of my theories....up to u to take it. :)

Anyhow, you got it, man. Count em blessings! We still have heaps to be thankful for, even if one thing seems to override all of them. God is a gooooooood God. :)

shar