Saturday, December 17, 2005

Spread the Christmas Cheer

Don't you just love Christmas? Personally, its my most absolute favourite holiday of the year. As a kid it was because of the presents and the candy but recently, it has come to mean much more than that. Its a time to enjoy the company of loved ones and to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I just returned from an awesome Christmas service at City Life Church today. It was my last church service in Melbourne before I head on back to Singapore and it was definately a lovely memory to bring along. It totally charged up the festive spirit in me. That, along with the latest episodes of the O.C and Grey's anatomy that I downloaded yesterday (both the shows had Christmas themes you see) have really put me on a "Christmas High".

But you know what's the best thing I love about Christmas? There's a magical feeling in the air somehow. The air is fresher, stress seems to just melt away and the daily problems in life just disappear. You see the smiles on friends' faces and the joy and laughter that comes along with all the parties. No matter what problems you have, everything is put on hold for this moment as you soak in the festive goodness.

I've always dreamt of the perfect Christmas. Just me and someone special snuggling up under a warm blanket in a room with a fire place. Watching snow float down from the heavens through the glass windows. Slowly sipping hot chocolate as the soft christmas jazz drones out from the speakers. Magic. All I need now is for the right girl to come along. and I've come to realise that many people actually get depressed over the holidays becuase of this reason. but you know what? it doesn't have to be that way. Christmas should be enjoyed with friends and family. Lonliness isn't a part of the Christmas spirit. After all the parties, I love coming home, park the car in the driveway and step in the garden to take a deep breath of the chilly christmas night air, and then I thank God for all the wonderful things he's done for me and provided in my life. There will always be special or romantic people coming in and out of your life, but Christmas will always be there so my dream will come true one day.

So enjoy this jolly season and live it to the fullest! Merry Christmas everyone and God Bless!

1 comment:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

what a lovely entry!
thank God Christmas is always there. ",)

shar