Monday, December 19, 2005

Home sweet home

Hey Y'all!

I am HOME! I have landed in Singapore, the motherland. In the comfort of my home and family. The house is still pretty much the same except for some rearrangment in the furniture and heaps of junk in my room! My room became a makeshift storeroom while I was gone! ARGH. Oh and I have a dog now. Its a female husky called Amber. She's a cutie but a little too energetic I reckon. Oh and my sister's got her own car now. But besides that, everything's pretty much the way it was.

Now for the bad part. I went to Orchard Road today to hang out with Shane and Ash and to try to buy my secret Santa a present. I walked everywhere and I couldn't find anything suitable to buy. How frustrating. But you know whats worse? The crowd. Oh my God the crowd in town was so unbearably suffocating. I had to jostle through the crowd in the humid and warm climate. Bad combination.

Singlish. Its so amusing to listen to people around you. The familier accent. The familier tone. Singaporeans speak funny I tell ya. And even though it has deep roots and is unique to our culture, I dislike it. Its amusing and hilarious when you listen to some people speak. But its everywhere and there's no way you can hide from it in Singapore.

Another thing, where have all the pretty girls gone? We were having coffee at starbucks that was facing the main street and not one single female caught my eye. I resorted to looking at the cars that were stuck in a jam along orchard road. Its sad when the automobiles are more interesting than the girls.

Sigh, Singapore isn't looking up at the moment. Maybe I'm just still adjusting. Maybe I'm just grumpy coz of the climate and the lack of personal space when you go out. At least the food's still good. yum.

2 comments:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

anna, of course you miss our accent lah!! Singapo-lean accent the best one okei!

Shar

GraCie said...

If Russell Peter says that white people sounds like donkeys when they curse, he should hear our Singlish man... we talk like them.

"Yeah hor, he hor, very the bad hor?"

oh btw Darren, I agree with you. I wonder where all the cute guys gone to.